Thursday, December 15, 2005

Drunk and Sexy

So this LA Times story (from Gawker) talks about the difficulty in simply stopping your social drinking and how not drinking helps you to work out.  I think this is unfair, focusing on the challenges of abstaining as a social drinker.  But what about us crying-in-our-rooms, wishing-life-was-more-than-this, listening-to-Elliott-Smith non-social drinkers?  It's just as hard for us to stop (even though it's not a real problem) too.

Speaking of, I was briefly discussing with a friend yesterday if drinking was making us fat.  My friend thought so and I simply chalked it up to eating crappy holiday food and not exercising because it's cold (and not bullshit-40-degrees cold, but below freezing cold in New York for two weeks now).  Of course the instructor from the above article says that not drinking helps your workout.  Well, I challenge that idea.  I believe drinking during a workout would be beneficial.  I would totally consider working out if I could develop some sort of chemical dependency around it.   Anyway, here are some stats on how much those drinks are fucking up your calories:

Can/Bottle Beer: 117
Glass of Wine: 79
1 oz. of Gin, Rum, Vodka or Whiskey: 64

There are more lists (with things like Pina Coladas and Whiskey Sours) but I haven't been able to afford those since I was in High School.

Calorie-count.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home