Friday, March 31, 2006

Keep Prayin'

Long-Awaited Medical Study Questions the Power of Prayer

Honestly, we really needed to spend $2.4 million to prove that prayer by strangers has no effect on a heart patients outcome? Prayer clearly doesn't work. Part of this could be easily confirmed by the complete and total inexistence of God but there are also other ways of proving the uselessness of prayer. Despite being an atheist, there was a point in my life where I prayed. A number of things I prayed for that never happened:

1) To be straight
2) To win a million dollars
3) That Newt Gingrich would die (again my praying was a while ago, but i still consider this a valid wish)
4) A 10 inch penis

As any of my former sexual partners can attest, that clearly did not happen. So the power of prayer? Well, it's basically means that sometimes you have to get heart surgery because instead of exercising and spending more time making healthy meals, you were praying and going to church. So basically, don't put all of your eggs in the one God basket.

On a related note, there is a cool article on religiosity and intelligence at wikipedia. Are religious people dumb? Not across the board and in every way, but they seem to be "somewhat lower in quantitative ability" (article). I could have told you that.

1 Comments:

At 8:40 AM, Blogger Theresa Anasti said...

When I was in 6th grade I prayed that I would get a boyfriend because all my friends had one and I was afraid that everyone would think that I was a lesbian. It didn't happen.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home