Monday, March 31, 2008

Failures of Online Ads

I logged in today to look at this article about Kathy Lee returning to daytime TV on NBC's Today Show. I actually didn't read the article, I just wanted to see what she looked like. Well, here's the answer to that:


Fine, she looks fine. BUT HOLY SHIT WHEN YOU LET THE WHOLE PAGE LOAD. Just let this image wash over you first.



What the fuck is up with online advertising? Placing images inline to article is a great way to get people to notice your ads (which I totally ignore but use as page marker for me when I scroll up). Unfortunately, at first, it looks like an image in the article. It also doesn't help that she looks like Kathy Lee.

Well, Dermitage, great ad. I think you do something. What is it? It's either you're going to fix this horrifying monster's face or you make people look so disfigured passing people on the street will look away in disgust so that they'll never notice how wrinkled you are.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home