Thursday, November 17, 2005

Cold Season

Okay, this isn't mine, but a friend wrote me an email and I'm stealing
it from her. This is important to remember during cold
season:



So all of the stuff I have read about echinacea attest that it is in fact, an immune booster. However, catching the common cold has nothing to do with your immune system. If the cold virus (which there are 200 of) comes into contact with your mucus membrane (usually through the nose), 80% of people will become infected and develop symptoms, regardless of the strength of their immune system. This was discovered by my recent search of echinacea and the common cold on the internet.


Vitamin C does not prevent colds either. It just may reduce the duration of the cold.


In fact, nothing prevents, or cures the common cold. We all just have to suffer with them. Which means, I can go out on Friday because nothing I do will reduce the duration of my cold, but medications will reduce my symptoms. So I'll just take cold medicine and drink! My symptoms will be gone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home